The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures slid to their lowest in over a year in late trade on Thursday, charting a sixth day of losses in eight, as traders turned bearish over weakening export demand. POI/
* U.S. wheat futures climbed to multimonth highs Thursday on a mix of short-covering and worries about the size of the hard red winter wheat crop in top producer Kansas, traders said. GRA/
* Oil prices rose on Thursday, boosted by OPEC production cuts and the potential for new U.S. sanctions against Iran, but gains were limited by growing inventories. O/R
* Asian shares were steady while the Japanese yen held onto overnight gains in early trading on Friday as financial markets turned their attention to the looming U.S. payrolls data for fresh catalysts. MKTS/GLOB
RELATED > China customs expands checks on U.S. fruit imports -sources > China launches “emergency” campaign to boost soy output > Weak currency, global trade jitters bolster Brazil soy exports > China opens iron ore market to the world in pricing, image push > Exxon (NYSE:) pushes ahead with Rosneft LNG project despite sanctions -sources > Cargo surveyor AmSpec releases Malaysia’s May 1-10 palm oil export data on May 10. > Cargo surveyor SGS releases Malaysia’s May 1-10 palm oil export data on May 10.
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type MYPALM/FLAT .
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in OILS/ASIA2 and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0050 GMT Contract
Volume MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 CHINA PALM OLEIN
175608 CHINA SOYOIL
126664 CBOT SOY OIL
1283 INDIA PALM OIL
1608 INDIA SOYOIL
11840 NYMEX CRUDE
Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound Dalian soy oil and RBD palm olein in Chinese yuan per tonne India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
— OILS/ASIA1 Malaysian palm oil exports
CBOT soyoil futures
CBOT soybean futures
— SOLVENT01 Weekly Indian vegetable oils
Dalian Commodity Exchange
Dalian soyoil futures
Dalian refined palm oil futures — 0#DCP:
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil
European edible oil prices/trades — OILS/E
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)